Governance and Management Structure of RCE Kuching
The following explains the governance and management structure:
Governance and Management Model of RCE Kuching
The application committee meets every week to develop and revise the RCE application based on the review/feedback sent by the RCE mentor and RCE Peer (in this case, RCE Penang). The committee also discusses the various outreach and resource efforts to make the model successful. This committee will form part of the coordinating committee eventually when the RCE is fully acknowledged by UNU-IAS
Stakeholder Advisory Committee
This group consists of representatives from the collaborative partners of RCE Kuching. The committee will have the role as the advisory group for the RCE and will meet quarterly to offer their insights, including networking opportunities for working on projects and education programs within the region.
This group has the role of being the secretariat of RCE Kuching, determining agendas for the coordinating and stakeholder meetings. The coordinating committee consists of the Secretariat hosted in UCSI Kuching campus, fulfilling its central administrative duties, maintaining records and performing secretarial duties. The committee will meet once a month to discuss the various programmes in terms of planning, implementation, monitoring and assessment. The committee will also coordinate stakeholder meetings quarterly. It will designate and oversee taskforces assigned to tasks based on feedback from the stakeholder advisory group. The Coordinating committee is now led by the RCE Chairperson, Assoc Prof Dr Yeong Siew Wei who is assisted by the vice-chairperson, Mukvinder Sandhu
RCE Kuching consists of 3 taskforces; focusing on different areas of importance.
Taskforce members are entrusted with the responsibility to lead research developments within RCE Kuching including:
- Encouraging collaborative research amongst the various stakeholders.
- Using RCE Kuching programs and activities as platforms to conduct operational research.
- Collecting info and data for all RCE Kuching projects.
- Analyzing & evaluating RCE programs objectives.
- Conducting research symposiums and / or conferences from the studies conducted under the RCE banner and / or at the RCE Region.
Taskforce members are entrusted with the responsibility to lead programmes development within RCE Kuching including:
- Integrating ESD into RCE Kuching programmes and activities
- Ensuring all RCE programs and activities contribute to the realization of the Sustainable Development Goals
- Promoting collaboration amongst learning institutions, NGOS, local government organisations, youth, local communities, schools and other non-formal learning institutions.
- Engaging policymakers as key partners at the local and national levels
- Overseeing the submission of key initiatives to the RCE network platforms for RCE awards at the regional and international levels
Taskforce members are entrusted with the responsibility to lead outreach efforts to the local stakeholders & communities within Kuching, Sarawak including:
- Creating diverse partnerships amongst educators, researchers, policy-makers, scientists, youth, leaders within indigenous communities, private and NGO sectors.
- Pursuing funds and grants opportunities to finance joint programs and activities.