National Ocean Virtual Art Competition 2022 is a FREE registration virtual art competition that adds unique perspectives of communities on ocean sustainability and how their expressions could be portrayed in the forms of art. This competition will include drawings and paintings. There is no restriction on the use of medium. It could be regular pencils, coloured pencils, graphite pencils, charcoal, crayons, sketch pens, oil pastels, watercolours, acrylic colours, oil colours. The drawing, sketch or painting can be done on any drawing papers.
This competition aims to involve as many secondary school students to participate especially those between the age of 16 to 19 years old. All participants are required to produce their masterpiece within a theme of “Protecting Malaysia Ocean Diversity”. Competition and submission begin from 27th May 2022 – 7th July 2022.
- To improve students’ awareness of the importance of keeping the oceans clean (Cognitive learning)
- To encourage students to express their feelings about oceans sustainability in the form of art (Socio-emotional learning)
- To educate students of the importance of beach and ocean conservation in Malaysia (Behavioral learning).
- To include the need of digital inclusion throughout the event such as online registration and submitting artworks pictures via Google Form for voting and e-exhibition purposes. ( Psychomotor learning).
A. Competition Date: 27th May 2022-7th July 2022
1. Registration is open to all students in Malaysia age 16-19 years old.
Registration is FREE and must be submitted online at https://ucsi.link/NOVAC2022 from 27th May 2022-7th July 2022. Any later registration and submission will not be entertained.
2. Each participant can submit only ONE drawing-painting artwork. Make sure the photo / document is clear.
3. Please write your full name and sign on the upper right corner of the painting by the participating artist. This is for validation purposes.
4. Kindly use drawing paper of A3 size (297mm x 420 mm / 11.7 inches x 16.5 inches)
5. There is no restriction on the use of medium. It could be regular pencils, coloured pencils, graphite pencils, charcoal, crayons, sketch pens, oil pastels, watercolours, acrylic colours, oil colours. The drawing, sketch or painting can be done on any drawing papers.
6. All artworks must be approved by the school’s art teacher or principal. (Exception is only given to school leavers waiting for examination results and also from UPU – Unit Pengambilan Universiti)
7. For this round, the judging panel will evaluate the art submissions based on various criteria such as the originality of expression, creative use of materials and presentation, to name a few. The judges reserve the right to disqualify any entry if there is any reasonable doubt about the authenticity of the artwork.
B. Semi-Final Round (Top 20) Date : 14th July 2022
1. Results for Semi-final Rounds (Top 20) will be announced 14th July 2022 and participants are required to submit hardcopy of artwork to:
Participants in West Malaysia:
Nurul Fatihah Suhaini,
SDG Office (Secretary of RCE GKL), Level 11 Block G
UCSI University Kuala Lumpur Campus,
UCSI Heights, 1,
Jalan Puncak Menara Gading,
Taman Connaught, 56000 Cheras,
Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur
Participants in East Malaysia:
Ting Nyik Eing
UCSI University Sarawak Campus,
Lot 2976, Block 7, Muara Tebas Land District, Isthmus,
Tanjong Seberang Pending Point,
Sejingkat, 93450 Kuching,
2. It is also advisable for participants to keep checking the postage tracking system from time to time.
3. For this round, contributing marks for judging panel will be 70% and 30% from public voting. Judging panel will evaluate the art submissions based on various criteria such as the originality of expression, creative use of materials and presentation, to name a few. The judges reserve the right to disqualify any entry if there is any reasonable doubt about the authenticity of the artwork.
4. These artworks will be retained by RCE Kuching and will become the property of RCE Kuching. RCE Kuching will use these artworks for the purpose of exhibitions, promotions and for any other purpose as may be required from time to time.
5. Those participants who do not send their original artwork to RCE Kuching will not be eligible for any further promotion by RCE Kuching such as being part of the featured online exhibition as well as creation of individual web page on RCE Kuching websites.
6. The decision of RCE Kuching will be final and binding.
1. All art or raw materials must be prepared by the participating artist.
2. Except where prohibited by law, an entry submission to this competition constitutes the permission to use the winner’s name, likeness, prize information, and information provided on the entry form for publicity purposes, without further permission or compensation. However, a 10% royalty will be extended to the artist should any artwork be sold.
C. Online Award Ceremony : To be confirmed
Microsoft Team Link will be provided via email.
D. Prizes to be won:
- Champion: Cash prize RM500 + UCSI Bursary 100% (for Foundation Studies or Diploma Year 1 or Degree Year 1) + e-certificate
- 1st Runner-up: Cash prize RM400 + UCSI Bursary RM10,000 + e-certificate
- 2nd Runner-up: Cash prize RM300 + UCSI Bursary RM8,000 + e-certificate
- 3rd Runner-up: Cash prize RM200 + UCSI Bursary RM5000 + e-certificate
- 4th Runner-up: Cash prize RM150 + UCSI Bursary RM3000 + e-certificate
- Consolation Prize x 5: Cash prize RM100 + UCSI Bursary RM2000 + e-certificate
i. Terms and conditions on UCSI Bursary
1. The bursary awarded is applicable for Foundation Studies or Diploma Year 1 or Degree Year 1 studies at UCSI University.
2. The bursary awarded is in the form of a tuition fee waiver for programme and duration offered at UCSI University and is neither transferable to another candidate nor exchangeable for cash.
3. The bursary amount will be disbursed equally over the first 3 semesters of the study; recipients are responsible for the outstanding fee amount.
4. The bursary awarded is for the 2022 intakes only. Arrangement to join later intake could be made for recipients who are studying Form 5 in the year 2022.
5. Recipients must be full-time registered student at UCSI University meeting the minimum entry requirement for the institution.
6. Recipients are to maintain an academic record of having minimum CGPA of 3.00 for every semester throughout the length of the bursary. Failing to do so may result in suspension or discontinuation of the bursary.
7. Recipients are to voluntarily contribute effort and time by participating various workplace and community projects by the institution and UCSI University Trust.
8. Tuition fee waivers are not cumulative. If recipients qualify for other UCSI Scholarship, Grant, Assistantship or Sibling’s scheme, recipients will be entitled to either one that they are eligible for.